Yemen News Agency (SABA)
Home      Revolution Leader   About President   Local   International   US-Saudi Aggression   Civil Society   Economy   Reports   Photo Gallery   Video Library  
Deutsch | Français | عـربي | RSS Feed
Search | Advance Search
 
  Local
SPC announces opening of 50-60 road in Taiz unilaterally
[06 July 2022]
275 passengers depart Sana'a Airport on Yemeni Airlines flight for Jordan
[06 July 2022]
In new armistice violation, aggression coalition seizes new gasoline ship
[06 July 2022]
SPC: Aggression coalition's failure to abide by truce does not encourage its renewal
[06 July 2022]
Revolution Leader Speech during his meeting with Al-Jawf dignitaries &sons
[06 July 2022]
 
  International
SPC announces opening of 50-60 road in Taiz unilaterally
[06 July 2022]
In new armistice violation, aggression coalition seizes new gasoline ship
[06 July 2022]
285 passengers arrive at Sana'a International Airport from Jordan
[06 July 2022]
FM congratulates Solomon Islander counterpart
[06 July 2022]
It was agreed to provide alternative permanent vessel for Safer floating reservoir: SRMAC
[05 July 2022]
 
  Reports
Gulf states , humiliating normalization with Zionist entity
[02 July 2022]
Investment Authority Council, chaired by PM, discusses a number of investment topics
[21 June 2022]
99th Anniversary of Tanomah Massacre
[19 June 2022]
167 million riyals to implement community initiative in Sho'ub district
[18 June 2022]
3 Months' salaries equivalent.. 180 billion riyals, total oil, and gas revenues looted by mercenaries last May
[13 June 2022]
 
  US-Saudi Aggression
violations of Hodeida's aggression forces recorded within 24 hours 32
[06 July 2022]
Aggression forces commit 155 violations of armistice within 24 hours
[05 July 2022]
Aggression forces commit 169 violations of armistice within 24 hours
[05 July 2022]
Interior Minister meets number of Jawf sheikhs
[04 July 2022]
Aggression forces commit 171 violations of armistice within 24 hours
[03 July 2022]
  International
UN chief hopes Israel can extend settlement freeze
UN chief hopes Israel can extend settlement freeze
UN chief hopes Israel can extend settlement freeze
[03/October/2010]



UNITED NATIONS, Oct. 2 (Saba) -- UN Secretary-general Ban Ki- moon has voiced his hope that Israel would extend the freeze on the settlement construction, which lasted for 10 months before expiring on Sept. 26, in order to pave the way for successful Israeli-Palestinian talks, Ban's spokesman said here on Saturday, according to Xinhua.

The secretary-general expressed his hope when he made separate telephone calls to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and George Mitchell, the U.S. envoy for the Middle East, the spokesman said in a statement issued here on Saturday morning.

Ban "renewed his hope that the government of Israel would extend its settlement restraint policy and underscored the need to create a conducive environment for successful negotiations," said the statement.

Under the U.S. auspices, Netanyahu and Abbas began the first round of direct peace talks in 17 months in Washington in early September. The Palestinians initially threatened to drop out of the peace talks if the Israelis failed to extend the settlement moratorium.

"He (Ban) reiterated his belief that negotiations are the only way for Israel and the Palestinians to resolve all final status issues and realize their aspirations," the statement said. "In each case, the secretary-general discussed with his interlocutor the current status of the direct talks between Israelis and Palestinians."

"He welcomed continuing U.S. efforts to sustain direct talks and offered his continued support to efforts to promote peace," the statement said. "He encouraged Prime Minister Netanyahu and President Abbas to continue their efforts to find a way forward."

Last week, Ban reiterated in a statement that "settlement activity in the occupied Palestinian territory, including East Jerusalem, is illegal under international law."

In late September, the Middle East Quartet, which groups the United Nations, the European Union, Russia and the United States, issued a statement with a united call of the international community urging Israel to extend the settlement restraint policy.

Saba


Whatsapp
Telegram
Print

  more of (International)
UPDATED ON :Wed, 06 Jul 2022 20:38:57 +0300